Horrible Bosses- Review


“Horrible bosses” is a rib-tickling story of three friends, Nick, Dale and Kurt, who are deeply upset with their bosses for different reasons. Even though Nick puts his full effort in office, his boss, Dave Harken, scolds him for being two minutes late and tricks him to drink scotch at 8:00 in the morning. Adding more fuel to fire, he declared himself as the vice president of sales in addition to his current designation and thus, he blows out Nick’s dream of being the vice president forever.  Dale is working as an assistant to Dr. Julia. Dr. Julia sexually offends Dale. She also threatens to expose his nude pictures with her, roguishly shot while he was unconscious, to his girlfriend. Kurt likes his work until his boss dies of heart-attack and his psychopathic son becomes his boss. His new boss threatens him to fire unless he fires one of the “fat lady” and “Mr. Xavier”. While drinking at the bar, they find a hypothetical solution of their problems and that was to murder their bosses. They meet mother-fucker john who becomes their murder-consultant and gives them a five -thousand- dollar- idea to kill each other’s boss. What happens next is full of lots of twists and turns and then finally, it ends with an unpredictable and humorous note...

Jennifer Anniston as a sexually harassing and foul-mouthed boss has done a splendid job. No doubt, this is one of the finest performances of Anniston till date and more importantly, it lets her come out of  comfort zone and play a character she had never done before. Kevin Spacy (Dave harken) as an office-jerk has done a remarkable job. . I loved the Kevin spacy’s performance as Dave Harken most. The way he characterizes himself as an egotistical jerk, shows ingenuity to his role. Collin Ferral as bobby completely justifies his character.  He almost dissolves his character into a drug-addict maniac. It was hilarious when he argued with Kurt to fire one of the “Fat lady” and “Dr Xavier” or else he would fire all of the three.  Not to mention, Nick (Jason Bateman), Dale (Charlie Day) and Kurt (Jason Sudekies) have done awesome job.

In a nutshell, Seth Gordon, the director of movie, has done a fantastic job by providing intensity to the dark, crude and hilarious plot of this movie.  Kudos to him and his strong cast.

Comments

Damon said…
Great review! My favorite character was Dale (Charlie Day). I have to say the coke scene had me on the floor. I know Charlie Day very well from Sunny in Phil., so I had high expectations from this movie. I definitely plan on seeing this movie again very soon. I will be using my movie pass to see this again. I would say it was one of the best movies of 2011. I used my Blockbuster Movie Pass to rent this, and I never get tired of it. One of the best advantages to having the Blockbuster Movie Pass is the fact that I can rent pretty much any movie I want whenever I want. Plus, I can stream many movies right to my TV or computer. Whether or not I worked for DISH, I would still have and use the Blockbuster Movie Pass because they have more movies than I could ever watch! I can’t wait to see Horrible Bosses again!

Popular Posts