A Letter To My Beloved Teacher




My Beloved Teacher


I never thought, even in my dreams,that your guidance and teaching would have so much impact on my life. How can I forget, my life, before class 8 when I used to be so stupid with my seniors and even with you? I was footed myself in the path where there was darkness of failure. Sometimes I remind how ferocious I was when I used to wrestle with the group of my juniors, inspired by Mithun Da. There was not a single day I did not fight. You do not know, but I used to have a needle and strings in my geometry box to sew my torn cloths by daily fighting. The day was really humiliating for me when my principal called me, before my seniors, to introduce me how good I am and I, with swollen lip, somehow hiding my torn pocket of my shirt with my hands, became a laughing stock. But your presence at that moment was really so cozying. Oh! The day when some of my friends replaced the girls Tiffin Box with dirt, and whole class was beaten and I with swollen hand, weeping eyes, abusing inside the principal, was feeling a great comfort by your warmth words. It was coincidence that something happened during class 8th. I struggled inside, in your presence and for the first time, I felt the need of God and Philosophy. Everything changed and my behavior too. It is you who inspired and encouraged me in my 10th and made me to stand 1st in district. It was the greatest day of my life when I was being awarded by Governor and you, beside me, were applauding. How can I forget the moments when you told me the difference between love and infatuation? In spite of many difficulties, you showed me way to crack IIT-JEE. Your constant encouragement never let me feel any problem even, in IT-BHU. You are the one whose presence I feel everywhere and even when I am going to set my foot in professional world, I am confident, that you are always with me to guide; to inspire.


Well, My Dear Readers, you will be confused to whom, I am addressing. The word ‘Teacher’ for me is not merely a person, sometimes it’s me; sometimes it’s my parents; sometimes it’s my friends; sometimes it’s just a book; sometimes it’s your blogs.

Comments

Anonymous said…
you were inspired by Mithun Da??
have you seen Gunda http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunda_%28film%29

btw I love it
and I love the way u described your feelings for 'teacher'....

guru govind donoan khade kaake laagun payein
balihari guru aapne govind diyo bataye.
Thanks a lot... :)

you were inspired by Mithun Da??
that were my freaky days ....

I have heard abt Gunda and know how notorious it is for its poetic script.......never got a courage to watch it...

Happy Teacher's Day :)
cheers!!
Amit!
Yep such a rewarding post for all your teachers. Sometimes, I do wonder how certain passers-by inspire and make an impact in our life with certain incidents (most of the times with out their knowledge). Apt post for Teachers Day :)
BK Chowla, said…
Very wellexpressed.Teacher always doesn't mean the teacher,it could be any one,may be your friends
@Musings of a lonely traveler

Thanks a lot.. :)

Happy Teacher's Day..

cheers!!
@ Chowla JI...

Thank you very much...

Happy Teacher's Day :)

cheers!!
Indian Pundit said…
""There was not a single day I did not fight""

A fighter turned philosopher i guess.........hahahahaha

""I used to have a needle and strings in my geometry box to sew my torn cloths by daily fighting""

That made me laugh....hahahaha

Last lines were AWESOME.........yeah teacher can be anybody provided we are EAGER TO LEARN.
Indian Pundit said…
On a different note, had u continued fighting u could have become a WWE WRESTLER by now......lol
@ IP
Thanks a lot.. :)

WWE Wrestler, My childhood dream!....

But alas! I can not forget the day when two of my juniors knocked me so hard that my dreams ruined into my tears.....


Happy Teachers Day.. :)

cheers!!
Bharathi said…
Great post pal. I too treat nature as the best teacher.
Anonymous said…
"You do not know, but I used to have a needle and strings in my geometry box to sew my torn cloths by daily fighting."
==>> Hey Amit, you really did that?
But this is a great post, seriously..

Shilpa
@ Sathish...
thanks a lot :)
cheers!!

@Bharathi...
Thanks a lot...
So true...Nature us the best Teacher....
cheers!!
@ Shilpa..

thanks a lot.. :)
frankly speaking..I used to do it...
as this was only way to save me frm parent's anger...
glad that u liked it..

Cheers!!
Yayaver said…
Amit, thanks for giving inspiring account. You are lucky for having such teacher who moulded you from fighter to the thinker. WWE Wrestler is not so bad career but I hope you have other chances in life now. Don't shame on having mithunda as your childhood favourite,he has done much better films than this, example- Mrigya. He is much better than Shahrukh or Salman Khan and knows his art well. He is both actor and superstar.A public secret about me: He was my childhood fav. hero also.

And gratitude has no value if not expressed. I hope that you will express these feelings to gratitude in front of your teacher.
Thanks a lot...:)
I do not know but most of time I find when we retrospect the things, it seems us very inspirational and in the light of success, our difficulties, sufferings seems us like a teacher. But I can not say with certainity as it may be my illusion too.
No doubt, these things moulds us in a certain shape....
and being grateful is a way to unleash our ego, a key to happiness...
Gr8 to know that Mithun was your childhood hero. Now I will not feel shame any more.
it is very true....
"gratitude has no value if not expressed. I hope that you will express these feelings to gratitude in front of your teacher."
Happy Teachers Day :)
Cheers!!
Anonymous said…
Happy Teachers Day to you too :) Nice post.. I love to read ur blog...
- Sugar Cube - said…
Wonderful post.Your thoughts & expressions flow like a river :) Its a treat to read 'em.

I was caught with surprise as I was expecting you wld particularly name any one of your teacher.
The word ‘Teacher’ for me is not merely a person, sometimes it’s me; sometimes it’s my parents; sometimes it’s my friends; sometimes it’s just a book; sometimes it’s your blogs.

That's so true! We learn from a lot of people around us inclusive of we , ourselves.They all play the role of a 'teacher' in our lives at some point or the other.
@ Sunshine

Thanks a lot... :)

Happy Teachers Day..

cheers!!
@ Sugar Cube..

Thanks a lot...

really I find ur comment so encouraging..:)

Happy Teachers Day.. :)

Cheers!!
Anonymous said…
hey,
your posts are really commendable.. you write so well..

its so true, we learn a lot from everyone around us, even ourselves..

happy teachers day.. :)
Thanks a lot Rashmi..

Glad that u liked it.. :)

Happy Teachers Day.. :)

cheers!!
Happybirdie said…
Sorry for landing here late..Wonderful post!!!Keep up this flawless description of.I really enjoyed reading and ya belated happy teachers day.
@Happybirdie

thanks a lot.. :)
Glad that u liked it..

Cheers!!

Popular Posts