Lost Love


*It is a purely fictitious story.Any resemblance to it is purely coincidental


You never realize death until you realise love 
I could not understand this quote until I met her. Yes! There is death because love gives you a new life. I too got a new life, a life full of love and full of wish to live till eternity. I remember when she first entered in class and I, sitting with my back bencher friends was looking so vigorously. I would not say that it was love in first sight but still it was something I never felt in my whole life.
Time passed. My heart got strong to convince me that I was in love with her. My eyes, who were so obsessed with her image were witness. My mind which always remained occupied with her thoughts was another witness. Realizing the sensitivity of my being and strong convincing facts provided by witnesses, I got the final verdict from my heart that I was in love.
“I am in love… But does she like me? Would she love me?”
These were questions that were pinching and trying to bleed my heart. More often, to cover our weaknesses we turn into philosophy. I became a  philosopher. I was happy realizing that love is a state; it need not be mutual; at least nature has given us freedom to love anyone and this is the best gift to mankind.
I saw her when she looked away. I still don’t know why I was not able to see directly in her dark expressive eyes. May be , I was afraid of me; I was afraid of the word ‘love’; I was afraid of rejection.
Finally the day came, we were in farewell party. She looked stunning. But a subtle layer of melancholy was in her face. My heart was beating fast; I could not imagine how I would live without seeing her. I thought that I should express my love to her. But fate had some other things to do; I heard that one of my friends had already proposed her. I was dumbstruck I did not ask what she did. I left the college and tried everything to blot her out from my mind.
Five years passed. I got selected in IIT-JEE and got a good job. I had to visit my native place. I got in the train. I was reading the news-paper. Suddenly, I got shocked on my fate to see her, sitting in front of me. I wiped my eyes many times as I was not sure it was mere my imagination or a reality.She was looking more beautiful in her red Sari. I was very familiar with her dark expressive eyes and it was reality. How could I forget those eyes which were once mirror of my love?
Oh, what was that…She had a mangalsutra around her neck…I was shocked…
How longer have you been married?”
This was the first question, I ever asked to her in my whole life.
Oh, you remember me. I thought you would have forgotten me.
Two years! You know, Rahul, he is my husband.”
Oh, it’s great. You had better invite me. I would not have missed it. “
Really, I never knew you would have so much time to come to my wedding. You were so busy in school days that you got no time to talk to us. But anyways, I would like to invite on my son’s birthday, would you like to come? 
It’s my pleasure. I would love it. Oh, I really did not expect that you would have son too.”
Tell me what are you doing? When is your training going to start?
I was dumb struck how did she know about my training. I even did not tell her about my education or job.
“Training..? It would start from December in Pune. By the way how do you know about this?”
Everyone is not like you. We have some time for friends too.
Friend”… I was like in heaven when she called me friend.
Friend…? “
Oh, I am not in a level to be your friend.”
Please…don’t say this…really! You see me as a friend.”
Silence…there was a pin drop silence
…This was silence before the storm…
Storm came. It rained. Salty water trickled through the corner of her eyes… moistened her rosy face…she did not speak a word…but her eyes spoke a lot… I could see what I had lost in the tears of her eyes… we got off the train but I am still in the train of her thoughts…
Dear Friends!This is my first attempt at this genre to which I am quite unfamiliar. So thanks for bearing it. :)


Comments

Yayaver said…
*It is a purely fictitious story. Put this tag above story, not below it. It was so involving story with the biographical reflection....

Romanticism, what a intoxicating drink for losers like me.
Guria said…
Amazing!

The play of words were more than enough to keep you mesmerized through and after the story...
@Yayaver..
Thanks a lot.. :)
I have put the tag above.. :)
your comment is really encouraging... :)
Cheers!!
@ Gauria...
Thanks a lot...
Glad that u liked it.. :)
Keep visiting :)
Cheers!!
Shruti said…
Amit
I thought you really loved her :P
Damn good...another genre of writing!
Am truly mesmerized with the way you write posts!
Di i have to tell more?
A.W.E.S.O.M.E
Vishnu said…
the very first sentence made me to think it was something about self suicide.. well it turned out to be good.. a happy ending with a pinch of sadness..
Rashmi Jain said…
This doesn't seems to be a first attempt, it was such a superb experience reading this whole story, I was actually visualizing it and I cried as well :)
Keep the great work going :)
BK Chowla, said…
I am about to publish one post almost on the same subject philosophy..Do read it.
Anonymous said…
hey, it din't seemed a fictious story at all.. it felt like a reflection of your own story..
hats off to you dude..
you are such a great writer..
keep writing such nice posts..
:)
Samadrita said…
Sad how when you are afraid of confessing your feelings for someone it can end in a lifelong tragedy.
It's much better to just let that person know how you feel and be rejected.

Liked your story a lot.Would like to read one with a happy ending next time! :)
divsi said…
beautiful attempt amit!!!
but is it really fictious???....:)

fiction is always in sum way inspired by reality!:))

great job!
@ Shruti... :)
Thanks a lot.. :)
It's all your encouragement dear.. :)
Cheers!!
@ Vishnu
Thanks a lot.. :)
Glad that u liked it..
Cheers!!
@ Raashi..
Thanks a lot.. :)
I did not expect that it would be so good.. :)
Extremely happy... :)
Keep visiting :)
Cheers!!
@ Chowla Ji...
Thanks a lot.. :)
I would love to read ur post.. :)
Cheers!!
@ Rashmi.. :)
Thanks a lot for so much appreciation... :)
Ur comment means a lot for my future posts.. :)
Keep visiting:)
Cheers!!
@ Samadrita :)
Thanks a lot :)
It is my first story at such genre..I would write a story with happy ending soon.. :)
Keep visiting :)
Cheers!!
@ Divsi..
Thanks a lot.. :)
It is a fiction
but when I was writing this story I was completely empathized with the character..Every situation or layout I have highlighted is in someway related to my life... :)
Cheers!!
Anonymous said…
Hey Amit, very nicely described story. Thumbs up from my side..


shilpa
Thanks a lot Shilpa.. :)
Glad that u liked it.. :)
Cheers!!
Roshmi Sinha said…
Wonderful attempt!

For a while... I could not believe that... it was fictitious...

P.S. Shubho Bijoya!
Pranam Amit,

Superb man... The same hits at the upper and lower notes...

Let her son be blessed with your soulful presence birthdays after birthdays!
@Kay
Thanks a lot :)
Glad that u liked it... :)
Cheers!!
@ Ekam
Thanks a lot.. :)
Keep visiting :)
Cheers!!
@ Roshmi
Thanks a lot.. :)
Glad that u liked it :)
Cheers!!
@ Surya
Thanks a lot for your wonderful comment :)
Keep visiting
Cheers!!
Unknown said…
eally nice one amith..great work..really good..
Samadrita said…
Hey Amit you're tagged.Check my latest post. :D
Anonymous said…
I got the girl finally eh??
tum bas sochte rahe gaye...aur hum dulhan utha le gaye....

hehe..
Oh! You have broken my heart....
But you know, your wife is still crying for me.... :)
ha ha ha ha :)

Cheers!!
Anonymous said…
The only word i get in my mind is WOW...dont seem to be fictious at all , its like narrating your own experience , very beautifully expressed...esp the last three lines ...dude , sorry , i am not talented enough , like you , to weave my appreciation into words...Keep it up ! :)
Anonymous said…
wow~!!!!!! what a piece of writing dear... truly amazing..... i got engrossed in it wholly with both my heart n soul...... it is really mesmerizing and gives a sense of inner happiness though it ended on a sad note but that too gave a sweet sinking feeling....:)


i just wish amit its really a fictional one ;)


superb buddy.....just continue that we love to read u dear...
god bless....

Popular Posts